Preservation of the Ruins of the Late 18th-Century Church of the Nativity in Krohkino
This project supports a suite of interventions to strengthen the banks and foundation of the former church.
Built in 1788, the Church of the Nativity is all that remains of the former village of Krokhino, which was flooded in 1964 to create the Sheksna Reservoir. Following the flooding and resettlement of the townspeople, the church became a lighthouse to guide boats through the flood zone. [Photo credit: Project organizer]
Location: Russian Federation Organiser(s): Centre of cultural heritage rebirth 'Krokhino' Funder(s): U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation Funding received: $58,000 (USD) Commencement Date: 10/2019 Project Status: CompletedProject owner? Update this project