The Prince Claus Fund was established on 6 September 1996 as a tribute to HRH Prince Claus's dedication to culture and development. Since then, the Fund has created opportunities for connection and exchange and stimulated cultural expression, primarily in Latin America, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Eastern Europe.
- We honour the outstanding achievement of visionaries at the front-line of culture and development with annual Prince Claus Awards
- We protect cultural heritage by providing ‘first aid’ to rescue heritage threatened by man-made or natural disasters
- We support innovative, high-quality cultural initiatives through grants and mentoring, especially where opportunities are limited, whether by poverty, conflict, marginalisation or political repression
- We work for and with youth through our Next Generation programme
- We create networks of exchange. The many participants in our networks are partners of the Fund who advise us in our work, often while learning from and inspiring each other
We are supported by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Dutch Postcode Lottery, and private individuals and corporations. We also collaborate with like-minded organisations on joint calls for proposals. Read more about our supporters here.