Back to news & events
Support for Ukraine - Initiatives to help protect and care for cultural heritage in Ukraine during and after the conflict
Organisations and initiatives in Ukraine
- The Center to Rescue Ukraine's Cultural Heritage is maintaining a Facebook page to provide updates on its activities and its appeal to international organisations, museums, and cultural institutions for help with sourcing equipment and materials
- ICOMOS Ukraine
- Blue Shield Ukraine
- Restart Ukraine - a project to gather resources started by the architects' union in Ukraine
International organisations and initiatives
- Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online (SUCHO) - a digital project to web-archive all available digital information about Ukranian Heritage, as even digital records are also under threat
- Europa Nostra and Global Heritage Fund have set up a joint crowdfunding campaign to support the defenders of Ukraine’s endangered heritage
- The Network of European Museum Orgnanisaionts (NEMO) is collecting and monitoring support activities and initiatives organised by museums for Ukrainian colleagues and citizens
- CHIEF Cultural Heritage International Emergency Force, based in Italy, is currently gathering materials and planning to send a shipment to Ukraine
- JPI CH's Heritage Research Hub is collating information such as grants, calls and funding opportunities that could be helpful to Ukrainian researchers in these difficult times
- ICOMOS and the Corpus Vitrearum have worked together to produce guidance on securing stained glass in wartime. Please contact us for a copy of this document in English or Ukranian.
- University of Lincoln is supporting Ukrainian students and academics to continue their study and work, and to live in a welcoming and supportive environment
- Conservation Resources UK are working on a list to donate specialist products to conservation professionals in Ukraine. If you want to buy anything to add to this, they are giving a special discount on the order and ship to Ukraine for free. Please call them or email them directly to do this.
Click find out more to see these resources on the ICON website.